Friday, June 24, 2011

It's all about Citrus and Sunshine

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Friday! I took the day off of work, and plan to head down to the Taste of Chicago in a little bit with the bf. Today is the first day it starts! Then afterwards we have beach volleyball by the lake, not to mention we won last week! Then on Saturday we are celebrating a friends birthday with a yacht on Lake Michigan, hopefully the weather warms up!

I would like to try and make these skewers tomorrow to bring on the boat!


Then perhaps I will drink one of these...I am all about the low-cal cocktails!


Vodka with Fresh Oranges and Raspberries
This cocktail is super low in calories but strong in taste.
Serves 6
Low Cal Cocktail Breakdown: 116 calories, 7.5 g carbs, 1.5 g fiber
Ingredients: 
1 cup of vodka
1 L of club soda
2 oranges, juiced
½ cup fresh raspberries
½ cup fresh tangerines
Ice, crushed
Irresistible Summer Cocktail Preparation: Pour vodka, club soda, juice of 2 oranges,
 fruit, and ice into a blender; pulse until puréed. Serve in a tall glass, add fruit to garnish.

Find more low-cal cocktails @ Page Daily

Enjoy your weekend, spend some time outside!
-M

2 comments:

Colleen said...

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Fresh-Fruit-with-Honey-Yogurt-Dip-5457
This easy dip would be a nice addition to your skewers.

beachvintage.com said...

Loving all the colours today.