Monday, August 29, 2011

Sew - A needle pulling thread...

I am sorry that I did not post at the end of last week, work was very busy, and I was off Friday for a wonderful wedding! I did pick up a new skill over the weekend though...I learned how to use the sewing machine! This is something that I have sort of known how to do, but have never had my own machine to really practice at it. On Sunday my mother came over and brought me a machine, some tools, and fabric. Now I just can't stop! Yesterday alone I had sewn a new table runner for my kitchen, a towel to match, and a scarf made out of old clothes. I am already thinking of new projects to create and make! Once I start making some cute things I will post them and how I made them.


Here is one idea I want to tackle:

Image via etsy


This is an old large hoody sweatshirt made into a cute, buttoned hoody wrap! I love the idea, and want to see how easy it is. I have plenty of old sweatshirts, but not sure if any of them would be suitable for this project, I may need to hit up the thrift store. I will keep you all updated on my progress.



Anyone have any good sewing ideas?
-M

No comments: