Monday, September 26, 2011

My version of camping

I knew I was not much of a camper, but was asked this past summer to camp for 2 nights with some friends for a float trip. As I imagined, it was not my cup of tea. Sticky climate, small tent, lots of bugs, rodents scurrying around in the middle of the night...it was not ideal. It could also be because I have no experience camping, so I never have the right supplies or skills to do it right. I would much prefer to rent a cabin or stay at a lodge. This winter I would like to rent a cabin with some friends and go skiing. Who doesn't love some hot chocolate and a nice fire! Now if only I could find a place like this...



















Image sources from High Camp Home



Anyone know of any great ski lodges in the midwest?
-M

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Maybe Camille Grammar would like a houseguest. You should send her an email.

Once Upon a Tulip said...

You know, that did cross my mind. However, she did say she was selling that place, so not sure she is taking anymore guests! Maybe I will just buy it, how much is it?