Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

I am obsessed with watching the new show on TLC, Extreme Couponing. It is so amazing to see how some people can save 95-99% off their bill, and then also have the kind hearts to donate a majority of the items they have collected to charities. I do feel that a decent amount of my paychecks go to household items and groceries. If I could save even half of what the people on TLC do I would be ecstatic! Therefore, I have recently started to collect coupons and search for websites to help me on my bargain journey.



Some of the popular sites
Extreme couponing lists, and coupon databases for 50 states.

Free website to print coupons.

Free coupons for grocery stores, restaurants, drug stores, local offers and coupon codes. 

Free printable grocery coupons. 

Other sites I have found that are helpful:
Beginners guide to couponing. 

A mom who shares great deals, finds, and giveaways.

Coupon tips, giveaways, and product reviews. 

She helps you match coupons to sales. 

A friend of mine has actually taken some classes based on extreme couponing. She told me that it is all based on the sales cycle of the grocery stores. If you collect your local  newspaper ads all year, you then can match up the manufacturer coupons with the sales and store coupons that go on throughout the year. The trick is to collect several newspaper ads so that when that big sale does match up you can stock up on products instead of just being able to purchase one or two. There are even websites that you can subscribe to (monthly fee) that will tell you which dated ads to use for what sales/products on what week! I just started collecting a week ago, so it will be a while before I can really benefit. I will keep you updated!

-M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these sites! I love clipping coupons and not having to pay full price for something. I'm definitely going to check these out xo. Your blog is adorable - looking forward to reading more posts :)